December 31, 2014

Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Wicked
Series: A Wicked Saga (#1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Edition: Kindle
Pages: 300
Goodreads | Amazon |


Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.


 Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with this book. I have been a huge fan of Ms. Armentrout's books ever since I read the Lux series- I was hooked. With Wicked, well things just didn't add up for me. There were various parts of the story where I thought it was just too cliche for my taste. Also, I expected for action than what the story had to offer, it was mostly just reading on about how Ivy couldnt get over the death of her ex, Shaun and trying to let Ren in. I also wasn't that much of a fan of Ren's (but that's just a personal preference thing, I guess) I didn't warm up to his arrogant attitude.
All in all, the book I would say would be 65% all about Ivy and Ren's relationship and how they got together but when the good stuff comes... oh is it wonderful! Read the book, I would say the last three chapters were the best for me. I don't want to give uber spoilers so I'll just leave it at that. I was going to rate this a two cupcake rating but yeah, I still love the author and I will most definitely read the second book since the ending was a killer cliffhanger.

Ohh, and I hope she writes a book for Ivy's friend JoAnn I loved her and warmed up to her chracter more than I did to Ivy and Ren. 

1 comment:

  1. If you don't remember this, your car may be stolen!

    Imagine that your vehicle was taken! When you visit the police, they inquire about a particular "VIN decoder"

    A VIN decoder is what?

    Similar to a passport, the "VIN decoder" allows you to find out the date of the car's birth and the identity of its "parent"( manufacturing plant). You can also find out:

    1.Type of engine

    2.Model of a vehicle

    3.The limitations of the DMV

    4.Number of drivers in this vehicle

    You'll be able to locate the car, and keeping in mind the code ensures your safety. The code can be examined in the online database. The VIN is situated on various parts of the car to make it harder for thieves to steal, such as the first person seated on the floor, the frame (often in trucks and SUVs), the spar, and other areas.

    What happens if the VIN is harmed on purpose?

    There are numerous circumstances that can result in VIN damage, but failing to have one will have unpleasant repercussions because it is illegal to intentionally harm a VIN in order to avoid going to jail or being arrested by the police. You could receive a fine of up to 80,000 rubles and spend two years in jail. You might be held up on the road by a teacher.

    Conclusion.

    The VIN decoder may help to save your car from theft. But where can you check the car reality? This is why we exist– VIN decoders!

    ReplyDelete

What do think?