October 27, 2015

eARC Review: Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4) by Kristen Ashley

Title: Walk Through Fire
Series: Chaos # 4
Author: Kristen Ashley
Publisher: Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
Source: NetGalley ARC
Expected Publication: October 27, 2015

Amazon | Goodreads |

My Rating:

The flame never dies . . . Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .

OMG!!!!!!!!!! A NEW CHAOS BOOK!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Grand Central Publishing for the ARC!

So if ya'll haven't noticed I was over the moon when I received an arc of this book because I totally loved the previous book of this series which was Ride Steady. (In my opinion Kristen Ashley's best book) In general the Chaos series is my favorite series by Kristen Ashley (yes, I liked it better than Rock Chick, don't kill me!)


 This book was another book about second chances at love by Kristen Ashley. Before the blurb was released I was really hoping it was Rush's book but alas, I guess it isn't his time yet.

Logan "High" Judd, the hero of the story, is one of the members of Chaos that were part of their dark and dangerous days. [read Motorcycle Man] Millie Cross was his first love and considered old lady in those days. They were living the life, both in love until one day she decides it's time to end it all.

20 years later she spots him and still hasn't moved on. Millie decides she wants to set things straight with High and tell him the truth about why she made that decision years before. What they both don't realize is that their time is not yet over- or maybe never was.

This book, it was so crazy emotionally overwhelming in some parts that my first advice to you readers would be to get your tissues ready and expect the waterworks to come at some parts. (I will not divulge, no to spoilers!)

So why I'm giving this book a four star rating? I enjoyed the story but found it at a lot of times dragging or too prolonged at some parts. I mean there were scenes which ran until three chapters long but honestly could've been placed in one so I was getting antsy about those parts. Also, it was very anticlimactic after the main parts of the characters reuniting. Don't kill me people! I guess High and Millie's story just wasn't for me. I honestly didn't enjoy it as much as I did Joker's and Carrie's story (Ride Steady) but I would most definitely recommend it to anyone interested in romance books.

I am so looking forward to the next stories out of this series because let's just say, in this book we learn a lot of new future "possible' romances coming with the other members of Chaos!

Peace! 'Til the next Book Review! :)
I will most likely be doing more fantasy-scifi books since those were the ones sent to me this month. :)

Follow me on BlogLovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do think?